[Haskell-cafe] containers license issue

Clark Gaebel cgaebel at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 13 04:45:48 CET 2012

This is a silly issue.

I'd be willing to testify in court that that implementation was clean. If
such an issue were to ever come up, shoot me an email and I'll be there.
Until then, you're going to have to take my word for it. And honestly, we
do that with every bit of code we use every day. Do we really have anything
except the author's word that he hasn't copied some GPL code?

And, if it ever does come up and a real clean-room implementation (with
someone who's never seen FXT nor this thread) needs to be done, let me know
about that, too. I know lots of kids who'd jump at the chance for a
practice interview question.

I'll even do that now if Johan wants, but I doubt it's that useful. There
are bigger fish in the sea, and you're chasing a minnow.

Regards,
  - Clark