[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: diagrams-0.6

bucephalus org bucephalus.org at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 05:12:35 CET 2012

Dear Brent and co-authors of diagrams,

this is a very nice thing, thank you very much!
I was recently missing a tool that was able to output simple PNG diagrams
from the input of lists of point coordinates. My solution was very ad-hoc
and suited to my background: I am only familiar with the \begin{pspicture}
... \end{pspicture} environment of LaTeX, so in my version a tex file was
generated, and then compiled and converted. But your drawing package is
much more adult and powerful. I only had a first view and I didn't try it,
yet, but I am sure that I will migrate. Thank you for the appealing docs,
this is a pleasure to read. And in contrast to lot of well-programmed
Haskell packages, that rather neglect the human side of the story.

Yours,
Thomas B.