[Haskell-cafe] Safe Haskell safe-inferred status

Omari Norman omari at smileystation.com
Sat Dec 8 14:34:14 CET 2012

Is there a way to determine whether a module has been marked safe by GHC
for purposes of Safe Haskell?

The GHC 7.4 docs say that if I compile a module and I don't use the -XSafe
or -XTrustworthy flag, GHC will automatically figure out whether the module
would have compiled with -XSafe and, if so, marks the module as safe. Where
does GHC record this determination? It doesn't seem to show up in ghc-pkg
dump (there you can see trusted packages, but I am looking for
safe-inferred status for modules.) ghc --show-iface seems to come up dry
too.

I know Haddock shows this information but sometimes it says "Safe Haskell:
None". I have no idea what this means so I was wondering what GHC itself
says.

Thanks. --Omari