[Haskell-cafe] RFC: Changes to Travis CI's Haskell support

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Mon Dec 3 10:04:37 CET 2012

Hi,
currently the default to test Haskell projects on Travis CI [1] is:

    install:
      - cabal install --enable-tests
    script:
      - cabal test

The issue with this is that it runs the test-suite twice, which is a
waste of resources and delays build reports.  This was an oversight on
my part, when I adapted Travis's Haskell support for
cabal-install-0.14.0.

I think the right thing to do is:

    install:
      - cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests

    script:
      - cabal configure --enable-tests && cabal build && cabal test

Please let me know if you think there are better ways to do it, or if
you see any issues.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] https://travis-ci.org/