[Haskell-cafe] Is it worth adding Gaussian elimination and eigenvalues to REPA?

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 21:25:34 CEST 2012

KC <kc1956 at gmail.com> writes:

> I realize if one wants speed you probably want to use the hMatrix
> interface to GSL, BLAS and LAPACK.
>
> Worth it in the sense of have a purely functional implementation.

I, for one, have needed these in the past and far prefer Repa's
interface to that of hMatrix. I considered implementing these myself but
I doubt that I could write an implementation worthy of using having
relatively little knowledge of this flavor of numerics (stability is a
pain, so I hear).

Cheers,

- Ben