[Haskell-cafe] OS-independent auto-monitoring of a program to do things depending on resource usage at runtime

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 18:20:53 CEST 2012

For a caching library, I need to know the runtime usage of memory of the
 program and the total amount of memory, the total memory used by all the
programs etc.

 I need not do profiling or monitoring but to do different things inside my
program depending on memory usage.

The search is difficult because all searches go to profiling utilities
which I don´t need.

Are there some  portable way to to this? . The various monitoring libraries
indicates that there are ways to do it, but they seem not to allow  runtime
"internal automonitoring"