[Haskell-cafe] formal semantics

Gershom Bazerman gershomb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:33:40 CEST 2012

On 8/25/12 6:48 AM, Kristopher Micinski wrote:
> Thus, you typically want to think about the semantics of "core
> Haskell," in which you might try understanding the semantics of the
> STG machine.

Along those lines, there's Pirog and Biernacki's "A Systematic
Derivation of the STG Machine
Verified in Coq": http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/files/3858/pirog-biernacki-hs10.pdf

Googling for that to find the pdf also led me to this page of the
Haskell Wiki, which has some good resources, but is, I'm sure,
incomplete:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Language_and_library_specification

Perhaps as material is assembled on the state of Haskell semantics, it
can be added there as well to help others in the future.

Cheers,
Gershom