[Haskell-cafe] haskell cryptogaphic libraries

marcmo oliver.mueller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:47:17 CEST 2012

In my day job I currently need to deal with a lot of cryptographic
processing. For the tests I need to perform various cryptographic functions
in haskell.
these include:

* AES Encryption/Decryption (CBC-Mode)
* RSA Public Key Encryption/Decryption
* Certificate Handling

I'm having some difficulties finding the libraries to use and using them
correctly.
Performance is *not* my primary concern...rather *correctness* and* ease of
use*.

Haskell has some great cryptographic libs but for me it seems hard to judge
what to use. The ones that seem appropriate are:

* The AES package (for symmetric encryption)
* The RSA package (for public key cryptography)

certificate handling is s.th. I haven't found out about

* how to deal with Certificates (e.g. extract the public key from X.509
certificates)

is there a recommended package (packages) that suite my purpose?

thnx