[Haskell-cafe] Platform Versioning Policy: upper bounds are not our friends

Michael Sloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 23:54:57 CEST 2012

I agree that Haskell's design gives us a good leg up on the problem of
acquiring and comparing APIs. However, I don't think that this
manifest solution really buys us enough to justify the complexity.

There're also some specific, perhaps resolvable, but unsightly problems, which
I outline here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/ydtl9/beyond_package_version_policies/c5uro04

(also another pitch for my proposed solution to this variety of problems)

-mgsloan