[Haskell-cafe] Possible bug in Criterion or Statistics package

Aleksey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:27:59 CEST 2012

On 13.08.2012 19:43, Ryan Newton wrote:
> Terrible!  Quite sorry that this seems to be a bug in the monad-par library.
>
> I'm copying some of the other monad-par authors and we hopefully can get
> to the bottom of this.  If it's not possible to create a smaller
> reproducer, is it possible to share the original test that triggers this
> problem?  In the meantime, it's good that you can at least run without
> parallelism.

Here is slightly simplified original test case. By itself program is
very small but there is statistics and criterion on top of the monad-par
Failure occurs in the function
Statistics.Resampling.Bootstrap.bootstrapBCA. However I couldn't trigger
bug with mock data.

import Criterion.Main

test :: t -> ()
test _ = ()

main :: IO ()
main = defaultMain [ bench (show n) $ nf test () | n <- [0 .. 5000]]

P.S. I assume I've just got test failure report for the statistics from
your buildbot. Failures reported are spurious. Also linux box cannot
handle unicode in the output (wrong locale settings?)