[Haskell-cafe] Possible bug in Criterion or Statistics package

Till Berger till.berger at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Aug 13 18:26:21 CEST 2012

> Terrible!  Quite sorry that this seems to be a bug in the monad-par library.
> I'm copying some of the other monad-par authors and we hopefully can get to
> the bottom of this.  If it's not possible to create a smaller reproducer,
> is it possible to share the original test that triggers this problem?  In
> the meantime, it's good that you can at least run without parallelism.

I have attached an even simpler test that directly uses the monad-par
library. The function "test" simply adds one to a list of numbers
indefinitely using "parMap" and displays every intermediate result.
When running the program on multiple cores the bug occurs every time
for me.

Thanks for looking into this!