[Haskell-cafe] createProcess running non-existent programs

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Mon Aug 13 16:23:42 CEST 2012

Quoth Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com>,
> ... or at least make sure the haskell version doesn't suffer from
> problems fixed in the python one.

Exactly.  This morning I'm reading suggested solutions that would
work only some of the time, or on only some platforms, which wouldn't
be satisfactory in the long run.

Though speaking of platforms, I guess one large headache would be
what to do about Microsoft operating systems.  Given the unusual
nature of these functions (I mean, what operating-system-independent
command are you going to invoke, anyway?), maybe it would be OK for
the more elaborate support functions to be POSIX / Windows specific.
At the level where people are redirecting the output FD and not the
error FD, etc.

	Donn