[Haskell-cafe] Possible bug in Criterion or Statistics package

Aleksey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:37:46 CEST 2012

On 07.08.2012 19:15, Aleksey Khudyakov wrote:
> On 07.08.2012 18:16, Till Berger wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> So I am not sure if this is a bug in Criterion itself, the Statistics
>> package or any dependency or if I am doing something obviously wrong. I
>> would be grateful if someone could look into this as it is holding me
>> back from using Criterion for benchmarking my code.
>>
> I would suspect Statistics.Resampling.resample. From quick glance
> criterion doesn't use any concurrent stuff. I'll try create smaller test
> case

It looks like I'm wrong. I obtained event log from crashing program and
resample completed its work without problems. Crash occured later. Next
suspect is bootstrapBCA itself. It uses monad-par to obtain parallelism[1].

I tried to create smaller test case without any success.

[1]
https://github.com/bos/statistics/blob/master/Statistics/Resampling/Bootstrap.hs#L84