[Haskell-cafe] CRIP: the Curiously Reoccuring Instance Pattern

oleg at okmij.org oleg at okmij.org
Thu Aug 2 08:27:50 CEST 2012

> did you see this, and the discussion around that time?
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-prime/2012-May/003688.html
>
> I implemented hDeleteMany without FunDeps -- and it works in Hugs (using
> TypeCast -- but looks prettier in GHC with equality constraints).

I'm afraid I didn't see that -- I was on travel during that time.

It is nice that hDeleteMany works on Hugs.  I forgot if we tried it
back in 2004. To be sure some HList code did work on Hugs. We even had
a special subset of HList specifically for Hugs (which I removed from
the distribution some time ago). The problem was that Hugs
inexplicably would fail in some other HList code. Perhaps 2006 version
is better in that respect, and more or all of HList would work on it.

Thank you.