[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: Portackage - a hackage portal

Andrew Seniuk rasfar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 04:06:39 CEST 2012

> On Apr 27, 2012 6:18 PM, "Andrew Seniuk" <rasfar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, the idea wasn't that you would make the app, but that by providing a web
> service interface you would make it easier for me or anyone else to make an
> app or other alternative interface.  It would also reduce bandwidth usage
> over screen scraping.

Yes, well as I mentioned in the part of my response you didn't quote,
I agree it would be desireable, and am working on it, but my
motivation was to provide people with something immediately useful.
Once I get something reasonably efficient worked out, I'll look at
uploading the Haskell code to Hackage, providing JSON data, etc..
Meanwhile if someone wanted to work on their own app or interface,
it's not too hard to get CSV from the table.

I made a mistake and the link was down for about 12 hours.  It's back
now, with a number of improvements and up-to-date hackage info.  It is
an expensive page to run, you may get "Script not responding" pop-ups
depending on your hardware, but I think it's worth it.

http://fremissant.net/portackage

Kind Reg'ds,
Andrew