[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: planar-graph-1.0

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 01:07:06 CEST 2012

I uploaded this [1] yesterday, posted the blog article [2] about it...
but forgot to send a message to the lists!

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/planar-graph
[2]: http://ivanmiljenovic.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/announcing-planar-graph/

planar-graph is an implementation of, strangely enough, planar graphs
(that is, a graph that contains an embedding on a surface, can be
drawn with no edge crossings and has a specific ordering of edges).
It handles graphs on planes and spheres, but I'm not sure about other
surfaces (and there seems to be little demand for such).

This probably won't be of many use to people, but as I described in
the blog post, I've been using this as a test bed for graph library
design (specifically usage of abstract node/edge identifiers, using
half-edges and the serialisation/encoding setup).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com