[Haskell-cafe] Multi-site haddock documentation with proper links?

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:34:53 CEST 2012

Hello cafe,

For various reasons, some packages don't build documentation on hackage:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accelerate

Therefore I want to locally install documentation for a set of packages
like this and host them on a separate website.  I want all of these ~ten
packages' haddock documentation to be properly interlinked with eachother,
but also to link to Hackage for types and classes defined in other modules.

Is this possible?  Hackage haddocks are all interlinked, but that is simply
because hackage is one giant local install, right?

If it's not possible (and it seems not) do any haddock devs have pointers
on how to implement this?

Thanks,
  -Ryan

P.S.  Someone recommended to me the following simple hack -- just use sed
to rewrite the links after haddock generates the html.  I think I'll do
that for the time being unless someone has a better suggestion.