[Haskell-cafe] JSON library suggestions?

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Wed Apr 25 00:54:14 CEST 2012

Hello,

Have you emailed Bryan O'Sullivan and explained your problem? It
sounds to me like choosing Double was just the wrong choice and is a
design flaw that should be fixed in Aeson?

There are far too many JSON libraries on hackage already, and what
would be really useful (to me) is for the community to standardize on
one. I maintain a number of libraries that need some sort of JSON
library, and supporting all of them is not practical. So far aeson
seems like the best choice for the 'one true Haskell JSON library'. I
would be happy to invest effort in trying to address the shortcomings
so that we can try to get some sort of consensus. Usually I like
choice and flexibility.. but in terms of JSON libraries.. it seems
like the design space for a good JSON library is pretty small.

- jeremy