[Haskell-cafe] Correspondence between libraries and modules

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 21:39:23 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:39, Gregg Lebovitz <glebovitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I missing something that makes this problem harder than other systems
> and languages? Is anyone currently working on the packaging  and
> distribution issues? If not, does anyone else want to work on it?

The other dirty little secret that is carefully being avoided here is the
battle between the folks for whom Haskell is a language research platform
and those who use it to get work done.  It's not entirely inaccurate to say
the former group would regard a fragmented module namespace as a good
thing, specifically because it discourages people from considering it to be