[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell vs Rewrite Rules?

Ismael Figueroa Palet ifigueroap at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:49:52 CEST 2012

I'm working on getting annotated versions of all instances of a function of
a typeclass, and was wondering what are the relation/differences between
Template Haskell and the Rewrite Rules section. Of course this is specific
to GHC.

Another question, in Racket, primitive function application is denoted
#%app. And using macros I can re-export #%app to be a different function f,
so a program:

(g a) is rewritten into (f g a)

is there a way to do the same thing using TH or Rewrite Rules?

Thanks

--
Ismael