[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: pipes-core 0.1.0

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:10:50 CEST 2012

Paolo,

This new pipes-core release looks very nice, and I'm happy to see
exception and finalizer safety while still retaining the general
structure of the original pipes package.  One thing that Gabriel and
Michael have been talking about, though, that seems to be missing
here, is a way for a pipe to indicate that it's finished with its
upstream portion, so that upstream finalizers can be immediately run
without waiting for the downstream parts of the pipe to complete.

Do you have an answer for this?  I've been puzzling it out this
morning, but it's unclear to me how something like this interacts with
type safety and exception handling.

--
Chris