[Haskell-cafe] Building cabal-install for new ghc build

Daniël de Kok me at danieldk.eu
Mon Apr 16 10:42:17 CEST 2012

On Apr 16, 2012, at 5:28 AM, Lyndon Maydwell wrote:
> I've found that I had to make several modifications to the
> bootstrap.sh and cabal-install.cabal files in order to get this to
> work. I am wondering how the maintainers of the Haskell-platform, etc
> are dealing with these issues.

I usually get a recent cabal-install from the Cabal Darcs repository, which normally builds without modifications to bootstrap.sh on a recent GHC:

darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/

Or if you want a particular branch (such as 1.14):

darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-branches/cabal-1.14/

Of course, you need Darcs to do this, but binary builds of Darcs are provided on the Darcs website.

-- Daniël