[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell: Generate annotated function of a typeclass

Michael Sloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 21:15:48 CEST 2012

Hello!

It seems like you would want to use "reifyInstances" in order to get
all of the instances associated with a class.  Then, you can match up
the variables in each instance with the variables in the class
declaration, and create a mapping from the class variables to the
instance parameters.  Then, you can apply these mappings with substT:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/haskell-src-meta/0.5.1.2/doc/html/Language-Haskell-Meta-Utils.html#v:substT

The result would also need to have the context of the instance,
perhaps reduced to just the constraints that mention the type
variables used in the selected function.

-Michael Sloan