[Haskell-cafe] open source project for student

Dan Cristian Octavian danoctavian91 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:52:02 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am a second year computer science student who is very interested in
 working on a haskell open source project. I have no particular focus on a
certain type of application. I am open to ideas and to exploring new
fields. What kind of project should I look for considering that I am a
beginner? (Any particular project proposals would be greatly appreciated).

Is the entry bar too high for most projects out there for somebody lacking
experience such as me so that I should try getting some experience on my
own first?

Would it be a better idea to try to hack on my own project rather than
helping on an existing one?

Thank you very much for your help.