[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: pipes-core 0.1.0

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 23:49:09 CEST 2012

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 0.1.0 of pipes-core, a
library for efficient, safe and compositional IO, similar in scope to
iteratee and conduits.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pipes-core

This release fixes a mistake in the previous version which violated the
category laws in certain cases. I have now written a fairly explicit proof of
the category laws for the current implementation, which I'll try to keep
updated as the library evolves:

https://github.com/pcapriotti/pipes-core/wiki/Category-laws-for-pipes

---

# CHANGELOG for pipes-core:

## Version 0.1.0

- Significant simplification of the internals.
- Removed `ensure` primitive.

# CHANGELOG for pipes-extra:

## Version 0.1.0

- Improved naming in Control.Pipe.Coroutine.
- Replaced ChunkPipe with PutbackPipe.

---

BR,
Paolo Capriotti