[Haskell-cafe] building ghc on arch linux ARM?

. ch.gosch at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:28:47 CEST 2012

Hi Cafe,
I hope this is the right place to ask this kind of stuff.
I would like to try ghc on a panda board (armv7l) with arch linux.
There is apparently no pre-built package, so I was trying the
instructions to build, from here:
<http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Porting>.

However, I still seem to need a ghc and ghc-pkg installed: I am getting
this error message:
checking for tar... /bin/tar
checking for gpatch... no
checking for patch... /usr/bin/patch
checking for dtrace... no
checking for HsColour... no
checking for xmllint... no
configure: WARNING: cannot find xmllint in your PATH, you will not be
able to validate your documentation
checking for xsltproc... no
configure: WARNING: cannot find xsltproc in your PATH, you will not be
able to build the HTML documentation
checking for dblatex... no
configure: WARNING: cannot find dblatex in your PATH, you will not be
able to build the PDF and PS documentation
checking for ghc-pkg matching ... configure: error: Cannot find matching
ghc-pkg

---------

Does anyone know if it is possible to build ghc without ghc on this
platform?
I was using the tarball sources for ghc 7.4.1.

Thanks,
Christian