[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: fast-tags-0.0.1

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 05:38:17 CEST 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 5:11 PM, dag.odenhall at gmail.com
<dag.odenhall at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 April 2012 00:23, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So, that said, here's my contribution to the problem: fast-tags,
>> haskell tag generator #6.
>
> I like that it doesn't give duplicate entries for type signatures and
> bindings. I'd like an option to recurse a directory, but i guess find+xargs
> will do. Even better: perhaps it could read a .cabal file and figure out
> source files from that. Maybe overkill, just a thought.

I dunno, I use zsh and just do **/*.hs*.  I do have a dependency
chaser that looks at imports to figure out all the modules, but since
the code I'm editing is not always attached to the rest of the
program, especially if it's work in progress, fast-tags **/*.hs* is
still the simplest and best.  And in practice I hook it up to the
editor's write command so a complete initialization is only needed the
first time.