[Haskell-cafe] I for one welcome our new Robotic Overlords

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Wed Sep 28 09:30:27 CEST 2011

On 09/28/11 12:47 AM, Anthony Cowley wrote:
> I am not aware of as good a story for Arduino-level development. Atom
> may be an appropriate foundation for such an effort, but I also hope
> that we can get GHC ARM support sorted out, and then use platforms
> like the forthcoming Raspberry Pi as the computational core of an
> inexpensive robotics platform.

W.r.t. GHC ARM I would like to note that basic support is already merged
into GHC HEAD. Cross-compiling is still missing, but if you can live
with for example OMAP4/OMAP3/i.MX53 based board for development on
native ARM/Linux and use ARM/Linux as your robotics platform then it
should be usable for you already. Please note GHCi support is still
missing...

Thanks,
Karel