[Haskell-cafe] instance Enum Double considered not entirely great?

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 19:54:41 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 18:52 +0300, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> Chris Smith wrote:
> > class Ord a => Range a where...
>
> Before adding a completely new Range class, I would suggest
> considering Paul Johnson's Ranged-sets package:

Well, my goal was to try to find a minimal and simple answer that
doesn't break anything or add more complexity.  So I don't personally
find the idea of adding multiple *more* type classes appealing.

In any case, it doesn't make much difference either way.  It's clear
that no one is going to be satisfied here, so there's really no point in
making any change.  In fact, if this conversation leads to changes, it
looks like it will just break a bunch of code and make Haskell harder to
use.

--
Chris Smith