[Haskell-cafe] instance Enum Double considered not entirely great?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:41:45 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 14:31, Casey McCann <cam at uptoisomorphism.net> wrote:

> My thoughts are that the first interpretation is most naturally suited
> to list range syntax, that the second would be better served by a
> slightly different syntax to make the predicate more explicit, and
> that the third bugs the crap out of me because it's really very useful
> but I can't think of a concise and unambiguous syntax for it.

Based on what you said, I'm wondering if the first gets basic fromTo syntax,
the third gets fromThenTo syntax, and the second strikes me as a simplified
form of list comprehension and might possibly be phrased as a cross between
range and comprehension.  Although the most "correct" such cross has an
ambiguity with the comma... can we still use | as the delimiter, read as
"such that"?  ([a .. z | filter])