[Haskell-cafe] New: A French translation of Learn You A Haskell for Great Good!

Valentin ROBERT valentin.robert.42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 00:00:26 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

I've decided to translate the famous Learn You a Haskell for Great Good in
French a few weeks ago, and I'm pleased to share it with you all today!
Well, especially with the French-speaking community, but I guess everyone
should be aware of its existence, in case you ever encounter a French newbie
and want to redirect him to some French resources.
So here it is:

http://lyah.haskell.fr

You will also notice that I did register a domain name for this, and will
try to provide other information on Haskell in French at the same place.
For instance, I created a wiki which contains basic information, available
here:

http://haskell.fr

All French-speaking Haskell enthusiasts (Haskelletors? :D) are welcome to
participate in this wiki in any way they can think of.
I doubt this will be as useful as the HaskellWiki, but if we can have a few
introductions to some subjects in French, pointing to more comprehensive
resources in English, I guess it'll be good enough.

Oh, I also created the less-inspired logo ever out of the usual Haskell
logo! :)

Any feedback on whether these are good ideas or not, and what could be done
better, would be greatly appreciated.

Big thanks to Miran Lipovača for writing the original LYAH (well, except for
the jokes that were hard to translate/adapt!), and to the few people on
#haskell-fr for somehow deciding me to actually do this.
Also, thanks to my anonymous proof-reader, who did a great job I believe!
And since Brent allowed me to, French monads are now officially like crêpes!

- Valentin "Ptival" Robert