[Haskell-cafe] 9th Ghent Functional Programming Group meeting on Tuesday, the 4th of October, 2011

Jasper Van der Jeugt m at jaspervdj.be
Mon Sep 19 14:31:27 CEST 2011

Hello all,

We are glad to invite you to our 9th GhentFPG [1] meeting, which takes
place on Thursday, the 4th of October, 2011 at 19:30 in the Technicum
building of Ghent University. You do not have to be a Functional
Programming guru to attend, everyone eager to learn is welcome.

As before, the electronic sliding doors will be locked, but a phone
number that you can call to get in will be provided at the doors on
the far left of the building.

The program is as follows:

First, we will have a talk by Jurriën Stutterheim, from Utrecht: Snap
Framework [2] is a relatively young, but very promising and already
quite popular Haskell web framework. Its upcoming 0.6 release has seen
a major redesign in the way you write (reusable) components for the
framework using so-called snaplets. In this talk, we will look at how
you can write snaplets and how you can put them together to create
modular web applications.

Then, we will have a number of lightning talks in which the following
projects are presented:

- hCole-server [3], a web interface to a framework for compiler
optimizations (Andy Georges);
- GA [4], a library to write genetic algorithms in Haskell (Kenneth Hoste);
- websockets [5], a Haskell library for writing WebSocket-capable
servers (Jasper Van der Jeugt).

If you would also like to give a lightning talk (15 mins), please
contact us and we will add you to this list. Afterwards, we will have
some drinks at a local bar.

[1]: http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Ghent_Functional_Programming_Group
[2]: http://snapframework.com/
[3]: http://github.com/itkovian/hcole-server