[Haskell-cafe] Turn GC off

Jesse Schalken jesseschalken at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 07:38:49 CEST 2011

There might be a way to do it, I don't know, but this sounds like an
XY<http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341>
problem <http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem>. Can I ask what you're trying
to achieve by doing this, or is it just out of curiosity regarding how much
garbage is created? (It's a lot, by the way. Since the only thing a purely
functional program can do is create data and read data (as opposed to
create, read and update in an impure program) I imagine a purely functional
program without GC would hit OOM very, very quickly.)