[Haskell-cafe] Error in Installing Data.deriveTH

mukesh tiwari mukeshtiwari.iiitm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 13:55:25 CEST 2011

Thank you for reply Daniel . I installed the ghc-7.2.1 but now running
cabal install keys  --dry-run -v gives error. One more thing i would like to
know. Before installing any package , i should check its dependency and if
it depends on any global namespace package [/usr/local/lib/ghc-7.2.1/package
.conf.d ] so i should not install the global namespace package using cabal
install <global-package> otherwise it will hide the global package. I should
only install those packages which are not in global namespace. Am i correct
?  Any idea how to remove this error .

ntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$ ghcghc-7.2.1
ghci-7.2.1     ghc-pkg-7.2.1
ntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$ cabal install keys
--dry-run -vcabal: The program ghc version >=6.4 is required but it
could not be foundntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$
cabal --vcabal-install version 0.10.2using version 1.10.2.0 of the
Cabal libraryntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$
ghc-pkg-7.2.1 list/usr/local/lib/ghc-7.2.1/package.conf.d
   Cabal-1.12.0
   array-0.3.0.3
   base-4.4.0.0
   bin-package-db-0.0.0.0
   binary-0.5.0.2
   bytestring-0.9.2.0
   containers-0.4.1.0
   directory-1.1.0.1
   extensible-exceptions-0.1.1.3
   ffi-1.0
   filepath-1.2.0.1
   ghc-7.2.1
   ghc-prim-0.2.0.0
   haskell2010-1.1.0.0
   haskell98-2.0.0.0
   hoopl-3.8.7.1
   hpc-0.5.1.0
   integer-gmp-0.3.0.0
   old-locale-1.0.0.3
   old-time-1.0.0.7
   pretty-1.1.0.0
   process-1.1.0.0
   rts-1.0
   template-haskell-2.6.0.0
   time-1.2.0.5
   unix-2.5.0.0/home/ntro/.ghc/i386-linux-7.2.1/package.conf.d
   mtl-2.0.1.0
   parsec-3.1.1
   transformers-0.2.2.0ntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$
which  ghc-7.2.1/usr/local/bin/ghc-7.2.1ntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$
echo $PATH/home/ntro/.cabal/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/gamesntro at ntro-HP-dx2480-MT-NA121PA:~/Mukesh/Haskell$
which cabal/home/ntro/.cabal/bin/cabal