[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Webwire 0.1.0, netwire 1.2.5

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Fri Sep 16 10:44:35 CEST 2011

Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:

> Nice to see another project taking advantage of WAI and Shakespeare. I
> look forward to seeing some example code as well, though I personally
> am very wary of continuation-based frameworks.

AFRP uses continuations under the hood, so you can view webwire as
continuation-based to some extent.  But out of interest, why are you
wary?  This is highly experimental work, and I see some problems coming:

  * Lower performance, though that can be fixed.  Right now I'm getting
    up to about 8000 requests per second using apachebench with -n 10000
    and -c 1000, which is probably not enough for high volume sites.

  * Sessions are a runtime-only phenomenon.  This is a more serious
    problem, for which I don't currently have a general solution, though
    for most applications specialized solutions can be written.

  * FRP and netwire in particular have a steep learning curve.

If you see any further potential problems, I'd be very grateful, if
you'd let me know.

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/