[Haskell-cafe] efficient chop

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Wed Sep 14 19:05:36 CEST 2011

Quoth Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com>,

> Why the extra case for go?  The otherwise guard can be part of the
> second case...

I noticed that myself, so I thought "let's see if it's just a matter of
style that comes out the same after compilation ..."

... and after a few minutes fooling around with that, I'm none the wiser.
I could not, within the time allotted, make out what's going on in the
-fvia-C .hc files.  I guess the way to answer questions like this is to
apply the function in question to massive amounts of data and infer the
answer from resulting performance?

	Donn