[Haskell-cafe] Data.IArray rant

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Sep 7 07:06:53 CEST 2011

On 7/09/2011, at 5:40 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> But anyway... Haskell '98 arrays may have fancy indexing, but I've always wished that there had been a plain ordinary integer-indexed array construct, with the fancy indexing implemented on top of that, so your use of fancy indexing is /optional/

Just like Clean, in fact, although Clean programmers seem to feel no pressure to
implement fancy indexing.  If the Clean team hadn't decided to focus their attention
on an operating system made by that company that was convicted of software piracy
(http://www.diaplous.org/nanterre.htm), I'd still be using it...