[Haskell-cafe] Real CMS Application in Haskell

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Sep 4 08:02:50 CEST 2011

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Haisheng Wu <freizl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>   I googled for a real open source CMS application in Haskell but have no
> luck.
>   So I'm wondering if Haskell is used very little in Web development area.
> Thanks.
> -Simon

The Yesod site itself[1] is basically a CMS application, depending on
your definition. It's a product that my company[2] is working on to
address needs of large organizations in creating both structured and
community-enhanced documentation. (More information available if
anyone's interested...)

That said, I wouldn't judge a community based on the presence or
absence of a single application. The fact that there are three active
frameworks (Yesod, Happstack, Snap) that all seem to be growing in
popularity says more than the fact that my company is writing a CMS.

Michael

[1] http://www.yesodweb.com/
[2] http://www.suite-sol.com/