[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Haskell OpenGL package updates

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 23:07:02 CEST 2011

Jason,

Thank you for taking ownership of HOpenGL!

I would like to make a formal request for there to be *some* way to get
access to either

Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.Raw.Core31.TypesInternal

or that

Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.Raw.Core31.Types

re-export the newtype wrappers it places around CDouble and CFloat.

As things stand the only way to work with them is to pointlessly round-trip
through rational or pray that GHC is smart enough to automatically convert
once it sees through the newtype, which it isn't, potentially costing me
orders of magnitude of performance in tight loops in exchange for
implementation freedom the current OpenGL bindings do not use on any
platform.

-Edward