[Haskell-cafe] Organizing big repository

Nathan Howell nathan.d.howell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:35:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:

> So as far as I know there isn't really a build system
> for larger or cross language haskell repos beyond make (I've played
> with waf some, that also might be a possibility).

We use waf to drive cabal. It supports parallel builds at the 'cabal build'
level and mixed language projects. I've uploaded the script we're using for
our 50 package source tree. It works for us but is by no means complete. If
you use it feel free to send pull requests with patches :-)

https://github.com/alphaHeavy/cabal-waf

I have a second tool that invokes ghc directly (no cabal required) but it's
not quite release ready.

-n