[Haskell-cafe] Package documentation complaints -- and a suggestion

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Oct 25 16:24:24 CEST 2011

Max Rabkin <max.rabkin at gmail.com> writes:

> This is useful information, but to call it "stability" is not only
> misleading, but it also prevents the package from using that field to
> indicate whether or not it is stable!

Oh, right - I'm not much interested in the stability of a package.  What
I want to know, is which package to choose for some purpose.  By
highlighting stuff that is correlated with usefulness, I'll be able to
make a quicker, more informed decision.

Separating this from stability is a feature, not a bug, since it frees
the author to label the package stable or not - instead of encouraging
using "stable" to mean "please use". :-)

-k