[Haskell-cafe] blanket license for Haskell Platform?

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:37:49 CEST 2011

So I'm combining Haskell software with some non-free/closed source work.
I was wondering what sort of effort it would take to organise a blanket
license for everything in the Haskell Platform, and whether it would be
worthwhile to anybody.

Here's my use case:

- I am combining my Haskell [:-)] program with some non-free/closed
  source [:-(] software

- My user is concerned that a large number of having a large number of
  individual licenses even though textually identical modulo author,
  date, etc would mean a big hassle getting their lawyers and their
  user's lawyers to sign off on each and every license

I feel a bit embarrassed asking this as it's already great and also
very convenient that I can just grab this closed source stuff, but
suppose we were to decide that putting together some sort of blanket
license for the Haskell Platform would be a good idea.  How would we
go about organising such an effort?

I wonder if this is a sort of thing we could tie to the IHG...

Thanks,

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>