[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: vector-bytestring-0.0.0.0

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Sun Oct 16 16:43:46 CEST 2011

Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 October 2011 23:17, Ertugrul Soeylemez <es at ertes.de> wrote:
> > Both instances are valid here, and there is no mechanism to choose
> > one of them.
>
> There is: OverlappingInstances[1] chooses the most specific instance.
> So in case someVector :: Vector Word8 the instance Show (Vector Word8)
> is chosen because it's the most specific.

Although I don't have a problem with using language extensions the
vector package, as it is a commonly used tool, shouldn't require me to
use an extension just to be able to debug my code.  This would be
particularly annoying when using GHCi, because you would always have to
start it with an extension option.

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/