[Haskell-cafe] Cross-compilation x64 -> x86 easier under Ubuntu 11.10 with multiarch?

Michael Lazarev lazarev.michael at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 00:40:13 CEST 2011

2011/10/14 Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>

> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 13.10.2011, 22:26 +0400 schrieb Michael Lazarev:
> > It turns out that it is also possible to compile a 32-bit executable
> > by 32-bit ghc under Ubuntu 11.10 x64. First, additional files
>
> Did you build the boot libraries and possible ghc also with these flags?

No, I never built ghc myself. I downloaded binary packages from
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/

Also, I didn't try to build any package yet, including boot packages,
as I yet have to learn how to make cabal pass -m32 flag to gcc.

The most puzzling thing for me now is whether I can use some technique
to make cabal pass -m32 flag to gcc for every dependency when building
an entire hierarchy of packages, e.g. when cabal-installing yesod.