[Haskell-cafe] Up and Down the Latter of Abstraction

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 12 20:01:33 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:57:45PM +0800, Lyndon Maydwell wrote:

> The closest I've seen to this proces from Haskell seems to have come
> from "luite" and co (correct me if I'm wrong) and their work on the
> Diagrams package and its surrounding infrastructure [2], however,
>
> [2] - http://pnyf.inf.elte.hu/fp/Diagrams_en.xml

Just to set the record straight: I am the primary author of the
diagrams package (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/diagrams), which
is unrelated to the link above.  What they have done is very cool but
seems mostly pedagogical in nature; the diagrams package attempts to
go much, much further as a real-world tool for constructing vector
graphics. (Look for a new release soon! =)

Luite Stegeman (luite on #haskell) has been working on something
called "Wolfgang Lambda", similar in spirit to Mathematica's user
interface, but it is also unrelated to the above link.  It's not
released yet (not sure what the planned timeline is).

-Brent