[Haskell-cafe] Three questions to graphviz

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:32:42 CEST 2011

On 11 October 2011 17:00, kaffeepause73 <kaffeepause73 at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> I already played around a fair bit with options in both cases, but
> there are quite a few so it gets quite worky with try and error.

Definitely.  I've never bothered fully documenting
Data.GraphViz.Attributes.Complete fully solely because there are so
many attributes, and at best I'd just be copy/pasting stuff from the
upstream docs.

As I add more "user-friendly" options to Data.GraphViz.Attributes, I'm
starting to provide more specific comments regarding usage, etc.

Basically: if I find a specific attribute to be useful with some
corner cases or usage tricks where it's useful, I add documentation.
I welcome anyone sending me patches (or even a chunk of text via
email) about specific attributes to help flesh it out.

> Going to graphviz directly doesn't seem a bad idea.

Well, it just takes the middle-man out of the loop.  The upstream
documentation is sometimes a little scarce about what all the
attributes do, and playing around with them usually ends up being more
informative.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com