[Haskell-cafe] The best way to call Java from Haskell?

Aatch bladeon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:20:16 CEST 2011

There are some projects to try and provide a bridge between Haskell
and the JVM. Unfortunately none of the seem to have much development.
As it stands, there is GCJNI, which allows Haskell to invoke Java
code, seems like a Java version of hsc2hs, but the site is down, it
just 404s. There is also haskell-jvm-bridge, but that doesn't look
like it has any development for about 18 months, and there isn't much
about it. Then there is LambdaVM, which looks the most promising, as
it compiles GHC byte-code to JVM bytecode. However, it doesn't look it
has been updated in a few years.
You can try your luck with any of those, but currently, if you want a
decent FFI for Java, you're probably going to have to resurrect one of
those projects.

---
James Miller