[Haskell-cafe] cabal license check?

Eric Y. Kow eric.kow at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:53:29 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'd like a tool that takes a .cabal file as input and produces a list of
all dependencies (recursive, all the way to 'base') and some metadata
for each (most importantly, LICENSE)

Does this already exist, or will I to write it myself?

I notice that there's a patch by Trevor Elliot to either Cabal or
cabal-install that does something similar [1], and I know that Magnus
Therning wrote a little tool that creates a GraphViz graph [2]... so it
seems like all the pieces are there already.  But is there anything in
some sort of ready-to-go just-works state, doing everything including
interacting with hackage and sucking down the cabal files it needs, etc?

Thanks,

Eric

[1]: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cabal-devel/2010-October/006657.html
[2]: http://therning.org/magnus/archives/534