[Haskell-cafe] wxhaskell : how to generate an event?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Mon Oct 10 14:42:52 CEST 2011

Dear all,

in wxHaskell (core) I can set and get event handlers
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/wxcore/0.12.1.7/doc/html/Graphics-UI-WXCore-Events.html
but how is it possible to create events (programmatically)
and somehow feed them into the "main event handling loop"?

I think I need this in an application that needs to handle
concurrently events that arrive via the GUI (like mouse clicks)
and events from an external source (specifically, alsa-midi input).

Of course I could handle those "extra events" separately from wxcore,
but they should ultimately result in changes to the GUI state,
and it feels dangerous to do this without synchronisation.

Any hints welcome. Thanks - J.W.