[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hit a reimplementation of git storage in haskell.

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Wed Oct 5 23:16:36 CEST 2011

On 10/05/2011 01:58 AM, Conrad Parker wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> great stuff!
>
> I've also got an in-progress toy git clone called ght:
> http://github.com/kfish/ght. It only reads, no write support and no
> revspec parsing. I tried to keep close to the git design, using mmap
> and Ptr-based binary search to read pack indices etc. Doing so seems
> fairly un-Haskelly but turned out surprisingly neat, what with Haskell
> being the world's finest imperative programming language and all.
>
> Conrad.
Hi Conrad,

Look like i'm not the first one to kind-of reimplement git ;-)

In my use case, creating objects was the most important bit to get this project
running.

Design wise, i made sure i can switch to mmap later too, which is the reason of
the "filereader" abstraction.
I'm actually getting a hold of mmap in haskell in a work project right now, and
will probably add a mmap mode along with the handle mode to hit's filereader too.

--
Vincent